Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday...



I'm linking up with Jamie for What I'm loving Wednesday...

There is a lot to be excited about this week! Here goes...

1. Fall television starts this week. I'm trying to decide what new shows to watch (yes, I know that these decisions are of world-wide importance...lol). So far I have heard a lot of hype about Sarah Michelle Gellar's new show Ringer. I dvr-ed it, but haven't watched it yet.



Disclaimer: I think it is important to interject that I'm horrible at choosing shows to watch. For the past three years, the shows that I have decided to follow have all been cancelled mid-season...ugghhhh...

I'm also excited about the return of Survivor tonight...Angelo and I have watched almost every season, and we still find it quite enjoyable (not to mention that I love Jeff Probst!)...



Do you look forward to fall television as much as I do? Which shows are you anticipating the most?

2. I'm loving that the show Toddlers and Tiaras is finally getting the negative publicity it deserves. Don't get me wrong, I (sort of) watch it, but I find that it gets more and more despicable each week. This past episode featured a young girl dressed up as the Julia Robert's prostitute character in Pretty Woman...really? Disgusting...The week before that, a four-year old dressed as Dolly Parton--boobs, butt, and all...what are these "mothers" thinking?? I have read some great articles about the sexualization of young girls in the media this week (particularly this one from CNN), and I find that it is a sickening trend. Clothing stores are just as guilty as the networks. I personally do not buy Sophie the provocative clothing sold by such stores as Justice and The Children's Place (back when Steph was young, I actually bought most of her clothes there because they were once age appropriate). I can just imagine thousands of pedophiles sitting around their televisions at night watching this show or ogling over the the young girls modeling these clothes. I feel strongly that TLC (which by the way is supposed to be The Learning Channel) has a moral obligation to cancel this show. Parents also need to speak up and stop supporting companies that exploit young girls.


3. I have two new blogs that I love. As you can probably tell, I am blog obsessed. I love to blog, but I love reading them just as much (you can read about some of my favorites here). I'm such a stalker! I recently found two that are quite fun...

The first is about Brittany and Scott, newlyweds who are currently sailing around the world. I would absolutely love to do that! Windtraveler details the places they go, their experiences on their cozy home-on-the-water, and their adventures at sea. Brittany just recently posted that she is pregnant! I cannot wait to see how they deal with this latest development! I am so living vicariously through this blog!

The second blog that I like is fascinating and truly inspirational. Baseballs to Bows tells the story of a family that has three sons, yet still decided to adopted two young girls from China. Jennifer details their life with amazing photos and testaments. I highly recommend it, especially if you are feeling that your own life is chaotic and disorganized. Imagine if you added two young girls, one of which does not speak English yet! Amazing...

4. And...the most exciting event of the week?? After much anticipation and running to the mail box everyday for a week, I finally got my Erin Condren Life Planner in the mail. I read about it on some blogs a few weeks ago and decided that I wanted it. I scoured the Internet for coupons and broke down and got one...it took almost as long to decide which design I wanted! The verdict?  I LOVE it. I can already imagine myself as the most hip, organized woman on the planet...lol! Seriously, I love organizing, planners, and stationary and this has all three in one. It was also packed spiffy, and it felt like Christmas opening it this morning. (Ignore my messy desk at school and the bad IPhone pics!)








And finally I will leave you with a few images of what I love the most...my family. Every Monday we go to Raleigh to take Stephanie and Thomas out to eat for what Sophie has dubbed "Mexican Monday." It's a nice relaxing break for all.






I love these last two pics because it shows Sophie (in her own State tee) practically running to her sister's dorm!

Have a great week!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment