Thursday, September 15, 2011

10 Day You Challenge--Three Movies



Three Movies

I could go on about movies for days...there are so many that I love. This is one hobby that we enjoy doing as a family. In the summer, we generally go to one at least once a week, depending on what's playing in the Family Movie/Kid Movie genre. I have a particular friend who thinks that we are crazy (hmmm....she knows who she is!), but we all find it really relaxing. Plus, we buy the refillable popcorn buckets sowe can munch away relatively cheap...:)

For the three movies for this post, I've decided to write about my personal favorites, You know, the ones that you can watch over and over on cable whenever you see that they are on...ironically, my three favorites all fit into the same categories--British and romance....sigh...I heart them!

1. Pride and Prejudice

I. Love. This. Movie.  I can watch it endless times, and lucky for me, they play it constantly. Even though I prefer Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in the 1995 production, I still love watching the 2005 version with Kiera Knightley. The sets are realistic, the acting is incredible, and the chemistry between Elizabeth and Darcy makes my heart swoon...I'm a sucker for this love story every time...


Pride & Prejudice Poster

2. Bridget Jones's Diary

I loved the book, and I loved the movie. What's not to like about a less-than perfect main character who gets the man of her dreams at the end of the movie?? Even though I'm not a big Renee Zellweger fan (my hubby says she always looks like she has been eating sour lemons!), she makes a lovable Bridget...and don't even get me started on Hugh Grant and (gasp--once again) Colin Firth! Who wouldn't want to be in a love triangle with these two?? :)  I don't think it's an accident that I love it so much and that it's a modern-day version of Pride and Prejudice--notice a trend here??


3. Notting Hill

What a great story...a world-famous movie star (Julia Roberts) falls for an average Joe (Hugh Grant)...despite many ups and downs--and a hilarious supporting cast--both find true love. One of the things that makes this movie so good to me is the music...it has some of the most romantic music ever.


3. Love Actually----Ok, ok....I know that I already picked a #3, but I couldn't leave this one out.

Once again, Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Kiera Knightley, and a plethora of other top notch actors makes this an adorable Christmas love story. I literally watch it all the time, over and over. Be warned, however...it is actually very risque!


So, as you can tell, I'm actually quite predictable...if you haven't seen these, I highly recommend that you make a date with your television and your couch sometime soon. Don't say I didn't warn you though--they are highly addictive! British accents optional, of course...:)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment