Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday


I'm linking with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday....

It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything new...quite honestly I think that subconsciously I've been thinking that the less I do, the slower summer will pass by. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work, and it's time to face the music: summer is over, and it's time to get back in the groove of the school year. These posts are pretty easy to do and hopefully will ease the transition back into writing.



1. Apparently it's the small things that are going to make me happy right now because one of the things I am enjoying right now is an IPhone game called Words with Friends. It's an online Scrabble game, and I am totally addicted! My husband and I play several games a day and even though he skunks me a majority of the time, I love it! If you haven't played,  I highly recommend it. Be warned, however..you can't stop with one game!


        


2. Like most other female in America, I'm loving the movie and the novel The Help. I read the book a few weeks ago and enjoyed it immensely. The movie, although different in parts, was just as enjoyable. My favorite part of the book and the film were the female characters, especially Abileen. The story was a perfect combination of history, sadness, and laughter. As an English teacher,  I think that it will be a great novel to teach in conjunction with To Kill a Mockingbird. Do not let this one pass you by!



3. Most people will probably consider my next one pretty pathetic for an (almost) 40 year old woman but I'm loving the new song "I Wanna Go" by Brittany Spears found here. I cannot get the tune out of my head! Even though she can be a nutcase, I still like her music, especially this song (sad, I know..).



4. I've posted this last one before but since I went back to work today, I have to keep repeating it to myself. It's either this one or I will have to resort to this:



Happy Hump Day!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! I especially love that you LOVE the Help...I am an English major right now and it delighted me immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved The Help also. I thought the movie was great and I saw so many things in it that reminded me of my home and town growing up.

    So exciting about you daughter at State (via the comment you left on my blog). Sure is hard when they leave the house isn't it? My daughter loves it there. Hope the first week of classes went well for her. Does she know what her major is yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! It was really hard to get her packed up and then finally letting go....That is one of the reasons why I really like your blog...your girls are similar in age to mine, and I can definitely relate to your experiences. Many blogs in Blogland have very young kids. Stephanie is majoring in Animal Science and hopes to become a vet...hopefully it all works out for her.

    ReplyDelete