Wednesday, August 31, 2011

10 Day You Challenge--Six Places


Six Places

For today's challenge, I have to describe six places that are important to me. These places are near-and-dear to my heart for one reason or another.

1. UNC-Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) and North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC)--These two places go hand-in-hand to me because they represent a wonderful time in my life. Angelo and I started dating when we were both students at these universities, and we spent many happy moments in each place. Even though our schools are rivals, it was so much fun hanging out in each place and teasing each other over which school was the better of the two (there really is no contest--Go Tarheels!). Each town is unique and special, and it was fun discovering them while also discovering each other. I'm so happy that Stephanie is going to State now because it is allowing me to relive some of those special moments.



2. Walt Disney World--Anyone who knows me or my family knows how special Disney World is to us. Ever since my first visit in 1992 with my SIL Vicky and Angelo, it has had a undescribable affect on me. It is as close to a utopia as I can imagine--thrilling parks, impeccable food, and fantasy hotels still have me under their spell even to t
his day. I can't tell you how many people have asked me over the years why we keep going back. My response has always been the same, "If you haven't ever been, then there is no way to describe it." I treasure our yearly vacations, and I am so proud that my girls will always associate this magical place with their childhood.

































3. Little River, South Carolina--We have a condo there, so what more can I say??  It is our home-away-from home, and it represents countless lazy hours spent with family and friends. For me, it is also a place associated with my parents, and I cannot help but think of them whenever I am there. My mom and dad were happier there than anywhere else in the world, and what better reason than that do I need to love this place?

4. Dallas, Texas--As a lifelong Dallas Cowboy Fan, it was only a matter of time before Angelo drug me to see his "boys." After numerous trips, I can attest to the fact that "everything is bigger and better in Texas." I look forward to our annual getaways because they are always filled with fabulous shopping, eating, and sports. From the historic Texas Stadium to the the Stockyards of Fort Worth, I will always love this larger-than-life destination. In fact, I could easily see myself living here one day if it weren't for the gazillion degree weather:)



5. Paris, France--Almost three Valentine's ago, Angelo and I spent the most incredible week in Paris. Talk about a once in a lifetime trip??? It was wonderful from start to finish, and I sometimes have to pinch myself whenever I think of it. We did it all: went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, cruised the river Seine, wandered the Louvre, and strolled the streets eating bagettes. It was freezing cold but we didn't mind...the thrill of discovering a new country kept us occupied. We have been to many fabulous places (and have even gone back to Paris), but this first trip was nearly perfect from start to finish.


6. Home-Sweet-Home--Regardless of where I go, there is truly no place like home. It is the place where I unwind, relax, and spend time with my family. It is my dream house but that is only part of the reason that I love it so much. Countless holidays and family gatherings have taken place here and will forever be in my memory. There is no better joy than coming home from a long day at work and simply putting on relaxing clothes and settling into my comfy surroundings. I have traveled everywhere, but the feeling when I enter home is beyond compare.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment