Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I'm linking with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday...

It's Wednesday again and I find myself in the same position I was in last week--no new posts. So tonight I've decided to do a longer update to show what I'm loving and also what I have been doing the last few weeks.

1. I'm loving that Stephanie is settled into college. We had a really successful move-in on August 11th. She was majorly upset because she had to go so early (her university started an entire week before the others in our area!). She is part of a group of ladies that are all studying science and engineering, so they all had to go early to have orientation. Thomas, her Daddy and I loaded her up early and headed to Raleigh.

After moving in, we went out to lunch and then shopping for a few more essentials (I will admit that I have loved every minute of shopping for the dorm--so fun!). Finally at 8:00 we had to leave. If anyone tells you that moving your child into a dorm and then leaving her is easy, DO NOT BELIEVE IT! I understand that it is a necessary part of life, but it is still extremely difficult. The one good thing about it is that she is only 50 minutes away, and we visit as often as possible. She also comes home to work on the weekends.

My bonus room was used all summer to hold all of her ever-growing dorm collection...I'm glad to finally have it back!

Welcome to Lee Hall!






The view of Downtown Raleigh from her room...not bad--especially at night!



He's pooped and sad at the same time....:(

Getting organized....the fun part!




At Thomas's dorm, just a few blocks away...


After move-in lunch at Buffalo Brothers....


2. I'm also loving that she is getting to work closely with one of the things that she loves--animals. She is an Animal Science major and hopes to go to vet school after graduation. Her animal science course and Companion Animal Club allow her to interact with all kinds of interesting critters...she is totally in her element (though I would have had to draw the line with the snake!).




Well, school starts tomorrow and I'm definitely NOT loving that. More later....
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment