Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday




I'm not really sure that there is a whole lot to be loving this Wednesday. It is undoubtedly the most busy week of the year for me. Here are a few things on my plate this week:

  • Graduation...sure you all know that my oldest is graduating and that can bring me to tears at a drop of the hat, but did you also realize that I am the Graduation Coordinator at my school? Me (and an EXCELLENT team of sponsors) are currently organizing graduation for 300 students...gulp...

  • Party....I'm also in the process of planning a graduation party for Sunday (what were we thinking???)...the party is not the problem, of course...No the really "fun" part is cleaning and getting the house ready to host 75 people...eeekk....

So, as you can see, there's not much time to be enjoying much of anything, but I'll try a few...

1. Sonic!! How is it that I've never been a fan of Sonic until recently?? Well, fortunately the HELLacious heat has me hitting Happy Hour daily often to get a Lemon Berry Slush....despite the brain freeze, it really helps me cool off :) (at least that's what I tell myself to justify the treat!)



2. I finally emptied my DVR and watched Julia Roberts in Eat, Pray, Love. Watching the movie really made me appreciate the book even more...it's not that the movie wasn't "decent," it's just that some things are meant to be read and savored, particularly Liz Gilbert's beautiful language..I also felt that the latter part of the movie dragged--a problem that the book definitely did not have. I can (and have) read this book over and over...it is like dessert for the mind! (Who says something like this other than an English teacher???)

      
 



In a future blog post I'm going to try and come up with a list of movies that are better than the books they were adapted from...I imagine that it will be a very short post!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see Eat, Pray, Love. I am intrigued now though! Good luck planning the graduation! That is quite the undertaking.

    new follower, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to have an empty DVR.

    I usually won't watch a movie after reading the book as i get disappointed. Thanks for doing a list.

    ReplyDelete