Friday, June 3, 2011

Show Us Your Life...Recipes

Today at Kelly's Korner, the feature is appetizers...I thought that I would share a simple recipe that I take everywhere. It never fails to get rave reviews, and everyone marvels at how easy it is. It only has three--yes, I said 3!--ingredients. Here goes:

Easy Sausage Dip

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound hot sausage
  • 1-8 ounce block of cream cheese
  • 1 can of Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies and spices)
Directions:
  • Break up sausage and brown in frying pan (just like you would do for ground beef). Drain.
  • In same pan, mix Rotel and cream cheese with sausage; place back on stove and melt.
  • Voila! It's done!--it is equally good warm or at room temperature.
  • Serve with tortilla chips.

I'm also including links to other appetizers that I like to make...

Buffalo Chicken Dip--This is my signature dish...Delicious!
Deviled Eggs--Interesting story about deviled eggs..I never would touch my mom's eggs...she tried for years to get me to eat them, but I "thought" that I didn't like them. I can't get enough of them now...I'm convinced that she is in heaven laughing her butt off about this one! Oh, the irony of life...
Seven Layer Bean Dip--I haven't met a bean that I don't like (much to my husband's chagrin!)
Hot Pizza Dip--Incredible, plus it can be made in the microwave...
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips--Delicious but the chips are too much work! In the future, I will buy cinnamon chips..it's all about ease for me!

Enjoy!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment