Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday--the welcome back to blogging edition...

Okay...you know it's time to blog more when your friends very casually send texts to remind you that you have a blog! (thanks Mel!)...well, just so everyone knows, yes, I do know that I have a blog and, yes, I know that I have been avoiding it lately. My only excuse is that I have been in a very lazy odd mood and have only been wanting to do a few things (more on that later)...



I think that you will see what I've been up to in this edition of What I'm Loving Wednesday. Of course I know it's almost Thursday, but I figure better late than never, right?

1. One of the main things I am loving is following a few channels on YouTube. I have no clue how this obsession interest started, but I will say this: apparently I like being a voyeur and catching a glimpse of how others live. Two of my favorite channels to watch are My Housewife Life and Organized Like Jen. The channels belong to Jennifer Ross, a housewife in Chicago, and she videos her extremely organized home and shows various things she likes and buys. It helps that she has the most amazing home and fashions! I cannot get enough...I know, weird, right??

Even odder than that, though, is the other channels I follow. Apparently beauty gurus are extremely popular on YouTube, and I must admit that I follow a few. Let me preface these statements by saying this: yes, I know that I am 40 (!) and way too old to be watching these young girls and their makeup obsessions, but for some reason these videos are cathartic and relaxing...go figure....If you've never heard of Elle and Blair Fowler you must check them out. They are two normal girls from Tennessee who hit it big by simply getting on YouTube and talking about their life, fashion, and make-up. It's amazing how social media changed their lives. They are also very entertaining to watch--they have several channels that I subscribe to. I also watch Make-up by Tiffany D, too.



2. I am loving anything that has to do with organizing (thanks to Organized Like Jen, I'm sure)...I have been making serious progress all over the place, especially the kitchens and the bathrooms...the true test will come this spring, however, when it's time to organize the garage...ugghhhh....There are also several great organizing blogs that I follow. Two of my favorites are I Heart Organizing and A Bowl Full of Lemons.

I have recently made two--yes two!!--trips to The Container Store and made several Elfa purchases during their annual sale...one of my next posts will be about my pantry...I stayed up almost all night one night and redid it completely...it is an organizers dream (at least for right now!)...



Speaking of organizing, did you know that Martha Stewart released a home office line with Staples?  Love it!!



3. Like most women in America, I have fallen completely under the spell of Pinterest...I was reluctant to start it because all I heard people say was how addictive it is...after being on it for a week, I can say that they were absolutely right! I think that these "funnies" sum it up perfectly....:)

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
Pinned Image

 4. Thanks to all the beauty gurus I watch, I have a few beauty products that I love (I use the word "beauty" lightly here!)...

Revlon's new Color Burst Lip Butter is AMAZING...if you can find it in stores, I highly recommend it. I got Pink Truffle, and it's perfect for me--they are long lasting and very nourishing.



I also love the EOS Lip Balm Sphere...I have them in my car, purse, and at work...they are great, too...

And last but not least, the Naked 2 Eye Make-up Palette from Urban Decay is (for lack of a better word) AMAZING! You will throw out all of your other eye shadows and replace them with this...



post signature
Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment