Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday




Well, I'm back. I know that I have been MIA for awhile, but it was all for a good reason. I have been enjoying the last few weeks of summer break and trying to soak in all the fun and sun while I can. I will try to blog consistently from now on (fingers crossed!)....

I've linked with Jamie for What I'm Loving Wednesday....

There are a few things that I have been loving this week (and all summer actually); the first is my Kindle!! I know that it sounds cliche for an English teacher to say that she loves to read, but I really do! I have been reading like a mad woman all summer trying to absorb as many novels as possible. I cannot praise my Kindle enough, especially because it gives me instant gratification!



Right now I'm reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. I love her work, especially her previous novel Prep. I am awfully suspicious of the similarities of the wife in this book and Laura Bush. When I finish reading it I will google Sittenfeld's inspiration for the novel.



I love to watch as ebooks are taking off. I have had mine for a few years now, and I have always sung its praises. I'm so glad that everyone else is jumping on the bus, too...I'm a liitle jealous, though, because the one I bought Stephanie for graduation is nicer than mine...:(

My next thing that I love is a restaurant that just opened in my town. Sometimes I feel that Fayetteville is the last place on Earth to get things. Chipotle finally opened last week, and it is delicious. To be more specific, I'm loving their guacamole! A year ago I wouldn't touch the stuff and now I can't get enough...theirs in particular is especially good...yum!



So far all I've eaten there is steak tacos with lots of guacamole! I highly recommend it...

And finally, my mantra for now and the rest of the summer...



Take care....
post signature

2 comments:

  1. I LOOOVE that you're reading American Wife! That is one of my FAVORITE books! It's a little slow at the beginning, but seriously picks up soo well at the end. It's one of those books that I've reread a bunch of times because I love it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I am really enjoying it. I'm a little over halfway through, but I am slowing down because I do not want it to end!

    ReplyDelete