Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blessings

As I write this blog on Palm Sunday, I am so thankful for so many things. As many people know, North Carolina and the rest of the deep South experienced horrible weather yesterday. We've had tornado warnings in the past, but rarely do we take them seriously. We do not live in Tornado Alley, so the few we have had over the years have been few and far between. In fact, I didn't change any of my plans to accommodate the weather. Yesterday, however, was a different story. Our state was hit with 62 twisters during the afternoon which caused widespread destruction and power outages. Our power was out for almost 24 hours, but I am ashamed to even mention that. Losing power is a minor inconvenience compared to what so many others lost. I have been saying extra prayers for all of those affected, especially in three neighboring communities: Sanford, Dunn, and Fayetteville. In fact, we were especially blessed because my SIL and I were in Fayetteville when the storm hit waiting on Sophie while she was at a party. It took over 2 hours to get her because one of the tornadoes hit between us! Once again, I am so thankful that our inconveniences were so minor....



This was the Lowe's store in Sanford about 20 miles from our house.....unbelievable...



On a brighter note, I am thankful for Stephanie. On Thursday night I watched as she recited the pledge at the annual SREMC meeting in Fayetteville in front of about 5,000 people. She was the Power Source Scholarship recipient for the year, and they wanted all members to see her. We are so very proud of her and her accomplishments.





and finally....drumroll please...I am thankful that I have a few readers on my blog!! Please be patient with me because I am learning. I also have hired a blog designer to help me, and I cannot wait until the first week of May to get my blog re-do!! She is a great designer, and you can catch a glimpse of her work at Once Upon a Blog... I haven't quite figured out what I want yet, but I am open to suggestions...:)

Oh, and one more....

.... what teacher is not thankful that Spring Break is a mere 5 days away???...sigh...long exhale....[insert HUGE smile]...

No comments:

Post a Comment