Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The family curse...

Sophie has been having headaches...lots of them. It seems like everyday I get an email from the nurse telling me that she is going downstairs for Tylenol. Naturally, I assumed that she was just like any other child in the world and looking for a way to get out of class (maybe I HAVE been teaching school too long!! :) The nurse finally called, however, and pointed out something that I should have realized myself (okay...chime bad parent music...)

Maybe, she suggested, it is her eyes.... What??  My tiny baby?? Could Sophie has been hit with the dreaded family curse...BAD EYES....???

You see, everyone in the family has them...me, her Daddy, her aunt, and her sister...we have had years and years of paying for exams, glasses, and contacts...we are even on a first name basis with our eye doctor, and I have been going to her office for over 30 years...naturally, I should have known that Sophie would be "blessed" cursed, too...

The doctor's appointment was Monday. Sophie and her daddy made a date of it (of course) and went to see Dr. Smith...because I was at work, I had to get the play-by-play via text...here are a few of the highlights...


Making faces with her daddy...


Reading the eye chart...



My poor baby's dialated eyes....:(
 

Well, the verdict??  She has 20/20 vision!  ....what??  really?? Yep, everything is perfect so far! For this year at least, she has escaped the curse...don't worry though....there is always next year! ha!



The ride back to school! (after a quick stop at McDonald's, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment