Friday, March 4, 2011

TGIF....


                                                                                                                                                                            Thank goodness it's Friday....a statement that people all over the world seem to enjoy saying to their peers...what's NOT to like about this much needed exclamation point that signals the end to a droll, monotonous, 9 to 5, never-seeming-to-end week?  Well, I enjoy this day just as much as the next guy but for a much different reason than others. I don't come home, change, and head back out to parties or bars (I didn't even do that when I WAS single many years ago-ha!). No, I have a better plan when it's time to go home....I relish in doing...hold your breathe...this is going to be good...NOTHING! "Nothing?" you ask..anything would be better than that, right? Not to me. You see, Angelo and Steph work on Friday nights, and it has never been considered one of "our" nights (and believe me I am a-okay with that). Instead, Sophie and I come home, take care of the animals, change into pajamas, and do absolutely, positively nothing of substance or worth. We watch movies (tonight it was Tinkerbell), play games, or read. Sometimes it gets super exciting and...we color! Many of you are probably saying to yourself, "What a loser!" or "Surely she's depressed," but I will be the first to rejoice and say, "No way!" I LOVE these nights and consider them sacred. This is great quality mother-daughter alone time, and if there is one thing I know for sure it is that moments like these are what makes life complete. We lounge around, nap, and eat junk (tonight it was Easy-Mac--I'm sure all of the mothers in blogland are freaking because I am allowing my baby girl to eat processed nonsense, but NO COOKING is also a hard rule we follow!). And Heaven help me if I have to give up this night! Once a month I go to Craft Night on Friday Nights at church, and I am here to tell you that I dread it like a mad-woman all week. Not because it's not fun (it really is) or that I don't enjoy girl time (Melanie! Janice!), but because it interrupts Sophie and me from our routine...so, while everyone is enjoying their nights on the town, do not for one second worry about me...I am having the time of my life!



How our evenings normally end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment